Apr 18, 2006

Work out for creativity

I went to the gym for the first time in a month this morning. WOW. I always get in to this situation. I know that going to the gym totally invigorates me and makes my day better. But I get busy and don't go and then get too tired to go to the gym. And everytime I go to the gym and rediscover the feeling it gives me, I say, "This time I won't forget this feeling. I'll remember this next time I don't feel like going to the gym." Sheesh.

There is something about going somewhere and not thinking about anything for an hour. I play indoor soccer at Portland Indoor for the Albatros Pie every week. I'm not about to win any awards or lucrative soccer contracts, but its one of the best things for me. I go to my game (some are as late as 10:15PM) and think about putting a ball in a net for an hour. The result is complete refreshment of my mind and body. I feel relaxed and energized. Even after my 10:15PM games I come home and do some work. It also does wonders for my big ol beer belly.

So, if you hear I am not working out again sometime in the future, call me up (maybe around 5:30AM) and tell me how cool I said it was and to get my butt up and go to the gym. :-)

No comments:

TwitterFeed