Apr 15, 2006

More Compelling Flash

The Ikea site has started an interesting conversation here in P-town. What is our job? Should we be order fillers? Should we tell our clients what they need or listen to what they want?

If you know me, you know my answer. We should listen to what our cients want. Figure out what they really need. And then make them want our solution. This ain't McDonald's. :-)

My clients usually don't know what they want. If they do know, they usually don't know exactly how to realize it. I see this as my main role. This is where the magic happens. The technology doesn't mean anything, it is merely a vehicle for the idea.

Thats my rant. For more self-riteous pontification, see my discussion with Phillip Kerman in the gotoandplay.net flash discussion list.

No comments:

TwitterFeed